Our mobile applications automatically detect motorized trips and collect GPS data that characterize the vehicle's movement.
At the end of a trip, the data is transmitted, via an API, to a processing platform. Once on our platform, the data flows through a network of algorithms that extracts useful and understandable information.
The data of a trip follow the path described below:
- Verification of data and evaluation of their quality;
- Standardization and completion of data (if damaged);
- Estimation of the mode of transport;
- Mapping projection of data on the road network;
- Estimation of road contexts;
- Calculation of eco-driving and safety indicators;
- Measurement of fuel consumption and pollutant emissions;
- Calculation of distracted driving indicators;
- Estimation of tire/brake wear;
- Estimation of weather conditions.
All that treatment takes in total about 2 to 3 seconds. As soon as it is completed, the analysis results are returned to the mobile app.